[amsat-dc] A Radical Concept & Challenge

Pat Kilroy pat at patkilroy.com
Sun Mar 10 08:21:12 PDT 2013

AMSAT-DC Workshop:
http://patkilroy.com/amsat-dc/

I HAD A RADICAL IDEA for a fellow AMSAT
member who reads this message, to make it
his or her own, and run with it. . . .

WHAT IF we have a *great* turn out for our
Spring Workshop and are "burdened" with
either too many hardware setups overflowing
the VC auditorium or too many non-hardware-
toting attendees (i.e., lots and lots of
non-AMSAT members)? . . .

WHAT IF someone runs a Sat Pass List for our
location for all amateur and Wx satellites
on our workshop date? . . .

WHAT IF the weather on Saturday morning,
March 23, turns out to be an outrageously
beautiful day? . . .

THEN, wouldn't it be awesome if one of us
were to set up a "fully functioning" (you
define) portable satellite ground station
outdoors immediately outside the VC audi-
torium to actively attempt receptions, and
perhaps some two-way contacts as well?!!

THINK of the possibilities!

THINK of the potential benefits!

That extra touch would certainly be "News
at 11" material.

Thoughts?

Any takers?

Cheers,

Pat Kilroy, N8PK

AMSAT-DC Workshop:
http://patkilroy.com/amsat-dc/

P.S. If you haven't noticed yet, the exact
location in mind is shown in two of the
photos displayed on the AMSAT-DC workshop
Web page.

###