[amsat-dc] Re: Workshop on Portable Satellite Ground Stations

Pat Kilroy pat at patkilroy.com
Sun Mar 10 07:33:41 PDT 2013

Hi Mike,

I don't know if you saw my reply on the
amsat.org Web page last month. So, I must
ask, did you get all the info that you
needed yet?

Basically, YES, this workshop is designed
for you!

We hope to draw the full range of experiences
within AMSAT and on the college scene!

The main emphasis this year is to help one
develop his or her portable ground station,
to graduate to the next level, from standing
with HT and Arrow antenna in hand, to wares
set up on a card table or picnic table.

A premise of ours is that fewer Amateur Radio
operators can install antennas above their
roof these days. Where, at the same time,
the equipment is getting smaller, lighter
and higher in performance. All to our
advantage. This picnic table approach
makes sense and is very, very timely.

Our new wave!