[amsat-dc] Special Workshop Voluteer Needed

Kilroy, Patrick L. (GSFC-5680) patrick.l.kilroy at nasa.gov
Wed Feb 6 12:37:16 PST 2013

DOES ANYONE KNOW someone who can serve
as our chairperson on food and drink for
our AMSAT-DC workshop on Saturday,
March 23?

I know it does not sound like a glorious
position, but we need to identify someone
soon!  By COB this Monday, February 11.

What does he or she do?  . . .

He or she is directly involved in the
planning of the food and drink at our
nearly day-long event.  You can also add
purchasing, pickup or delivery, serving
or presentation, and accounting.  Not a
very technical position but extremely
important!

If we don't get a volunteer for this then
it will change a dynamic of our day.  We
would need to delete coffee and breakfast-
type items early on, as well as lunch and
snacks later.  It would be okay to announce
for each person to bring their own brown bag
lunch, but that may not be practical, and I
really want to avoid the disruption of folks
leaving the site during lunch time.  Even
worse, entertaining starving souls amongst
us.  BTW, hiring someone to handle all this
is possible, but it would drive up the $$
donation for each person attending.

Thoughts?

Thank you very much.

Cheers,