[amsat-dc] Re: New Receiver on Way

Louis Mamakos louie at transsys.com
Wed Jan 23 09:29:33 PST 2013

Note that the new FCD Pro+ has a different HID control interface than
the previous model, and it's nice that the makers of some of this
software have updated to support the new model.  I have an ~8.5dB gain
antenna, intended for use as an APRS I-GATE that I've been experimenting
with and thus the de-sense issue I've discovered.

It is a nice device that performs pretty well.  I also picked up one
of the cheap DVB-T USB dongles to play with.  While only having an 8-bit
A/D converter, it has a much wider passband and is also an interesting
device to play around with.  Fun times, lots of interesting work going
on in this space.