[amsat-dc] Re: New Receiver on Way

Robert Morales wp4bqv at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 09:07:37 PST 2013

I've got one of the original FCDs and it works quite well under Mac OS X
10.8.  I'm using DSP Radio v1.3.9 and concur that strong nearby signals
from NOAA stations can "de-sense" your amateur band 2M reception depending
on your antenna connected to the FCD.

Nice little SDR to take a dive into the next wave of radio technology.

By the way, there's an Italian ham group (search for Kits under
www.ct1ffu.com) that sells an upconverter for the FCD to allow for HF
reception.

73s de Bob, WP4BQV/VQ9BQV.