[amsat-dc] Re: New Receiver on Way

Louis Mamakos louie at transsys.com
Wed Jan 23 08:35:42 PST 2013

On Jan 23, 2013, at 11:22 AM, "Pat Kilroy" <pat at patkilroy.com> wrote:

> I AM EXCITED about the new FUNcube Dongle Pro+
> receiver (part number FCD2-15).  One is on its
> way right now to my home mailbox, directly from
> Howard G6LVB in London.  Should arrive in two
> days, perhaps sooner.

[…]

> FYI, if you want to compare the new features
> of this receiver with the old then browse
> these pages:
>
> New Specs
> http://www.funcubedongle.com/?page_id=1201
>
> Old specs
> http://www.funcubedongle.com/?page_id=74

Note that the new FCD Pro+ includes SAW filters for 2M
and 70cm amateur bands.  This has proven to be a big positive
for me, as I live about 5 miles, direct line of sight from
a 1.5KW NOAA weather transmitter.  A few of my "wide coverage"
VHF radios suffer terrible desense, but the FCD Pro+ works
like a charm on the same signals.  I wish I could provide
more than anecdotal evidence of the performance difference,
but it is obviously better in the simple testing I've done.

Also, for those Mac users out there, there are two native
applications that also support the FCD-Pro and FCD-Pro+
hardware now.  This includes the beta version of SDR-DX
and "DSP Radio" version 1.3.7 or later.  Google will find them
for you.

louie
WA3YMH
in central-PA these days..