[amsat-dc] Re: AMSAT-DC Spring Workshop 2013 (Planning 1.0)

Tom Clark tom.k3io at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 22:42:03 PST 2013

Regarding electronic remote participation in meetings related to AMSAT:
Be advised that AMSAT has an unlimited annual subscription to
GoToMeeting and GoToWebinar. For details, see GoToMeeting.com for details.

GTM permits up to 15 participants with all players having equal status.
Any can be assigned to have his PC's screen be seen by all (i.e.
PowerPoint presentations) and players can make use of their webcam is
desired. GTM is what AMSAT uses for its Board meetings and for the Fox
working meetings. There is a chat box for swapping text messages, either
to all or to a specific person; great for posting the URL of another web
site!

GTW permits a virtually unlimited number of participants with "listen
only" access. I haven't used it, so I can't comment on its suitability
-- it just comes in AMSAT's subscription package.

A GTM or GTW meeting can be set up by WA4SCA, AA2TX or me (or we can
provide the "magic keys" to some other AMSATer).

73 de Tom, K3IO