[amsat-dc] Does anyone have an LVB tracker locally?

Stephan Greene ks1g04 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 24 17:20:32 PDT 2012

As in a reasonable distance from Northern Virginia/DC area.

I am going to add automated tracking to my station (G5400B az/el
rotors), probably one of the LVB Trackers AMSAT-NA sells.  When I
tried a rotor controller back in the AO-13/40 days,  (I do not recall
which controller  - may have had a serial or parallel port dongle), I
recall there was a problem with the signal from one of the rotors
(azimuth?) causing the controller to go into a reset mode and traverse
to pointing south  - possible an intermittent in the position sensor.
The analog meters on the Yaesu controller do not show any problems,
and the rotors have been working well over the past several weeks and
the just-concluded Field Day.

If possible, I'd like to verify my rotors and an LVB will get along
well together before making the purchase, by testing the controller
with my system.  I can bring the rotor and a PC to your QTH, so you
don't even have to let yours out of your sight.

Replies to ks1g at amsat.org.

73
Steve KS1G