[amsat-dc] Symposium on Suborbital and Small Satellite Missions, GWU, March 22

Daniel Schultz n8fgv at usa.net
Thu Jan 26 21:39:39 PST 2012

Are any Amsat people interested in attending this meeting?  If we don't show
the flag, they might forget that our ham radio satellites ever existed.

Dan Schultz N8FGV

We are pleased to announce an invitation-only symposium on "Suborbital and
Small Satellite Missions" that will be held on March 22, 2012 at Marriott
Residence Inn next to NASA Headquarters. A copy of the day's agenda and
registration information is attached. The event will be held at the Marriott
Residence Inn in the Capitol Room at 333 E Street, SW. Please let us know as
soon as convenient if you would like to attend. There is no cost to attend,
but seating is limited to a maximum of 150 persons. (Our apologies for any
duplicate invitations!) We hope you will be able to join us for these timely
and important discussion.

Marriott Residence Inn - Capitol Room 333 E Street SW Washington, DC 20024

12:50 P.M. Welcome and Introductory Remarks
- FRED TARANTINO, President and CEO, USRA
- SCOTT PACE, Director, Space Policy Institute

1:10 P.M. Opening Address
- MASON PECK, National Aeronautics and Space Administration
- RICHARD BEHNKE, National Science Foundation

2:00 P.M. Small Satellite Opportunities
- JASON CRUSAN, National Aeronautics and Space Agency
- THERESE MORETTO JORGENSEN, National Science Foundation
- PASCALE EHRENFREUND, George Washington University
- JAMES W. CUTLER, University of Michigan

3:45 P.M. Suborbital and Space Station Opportunities
- DAVID L. PIERCE, National Aeronautics and Space Administration
- WEBSTER CASH, University of Colorado
- JEFFREY MANBER, Nanoracks
- STEVE ISAKOWITZ, Virgin Galactic

5:00 P.M. Invitation to USRA Council of Institutions Reception
- THOMAS ZURBUCHEN, Chair, USRA Council of Institutions

Information/Registration: (202) 994-7292 Register by Fax: (202) 994-1639