[amsat-dc] Re: ARISS contact in Laurel [Md], May 14-19

Kilroy, Patrick L. (GSFC-5680) patrick.l.kilroy at nasa.gov
Thu Jan 12 09:25:44 PST 2012

The Waxter grounds are tucked into
the SW corner of the BW Pkwy and MD 198
behind the shopping center.

Attached is a JPG layout of the property
and the immediate vicinity.  Note that
there is a big water tower to the
northwest.

Let's go do a site visit in person soon.
An obscuration plot is in order once we
have a good idea of exactly where the
contact will take place and thus the
placement of the antennas.

I would not delay in assembling the
primary stations and putting them through
their exercises.

I suggest a low to modest gain omni on the
back up station, not so much a turnstile
or a turnstile over reflector antenna.

When can we go?