[amsat-dc] Planning PICetSat Mission for Hamfest

Kilroy, Patrick L. (GSFC-5680) patrick.l.kilroy at nasa.gov
Tue Sep 7 10:10:56 PDT 2010

SMALL HIGH-ALTITUDE EXPENDABLE BALLOON
LAUNCH AT COMING MASON-DIXON HAMFEST ON
SUNDAY, OCTOBER 24, 2010 . . .

Wanna help?  We need you!

We need to set up a simple but effective
ground station or two.  Got radio?  Great!
You are in!  Got laptop?  Great!  You are
in!

There are many jobs to do.  Sign-up sheets
are available.

I will be holding a ten-minute planning
session at the next Carroll County Amateur
Radio Club meeting in Westminster, Md., on
Monday night, September 13, complete with a
demo of the three different PICetSat module
types.  (Two types of the module have their
433.920 MHz FM telemetry downlink in Morse
Code and the other in Packet Radio.)  We
will choose to fly one of them.

Directions
and all other hamfest and club info:
http://www.qis.net/~k3pzn/

Talk-in on 145.410 MHz FM K3PZN/R.

If there is interest, we will also meet on
one Saturday morning soon in my big backyard
in Sykesville, Md. for a practice run . . .

Location
on Googlemaps use either ZIP Code 21784 or
APRS 39 deg 27.46 min N/076 deg 59.81 min W.

Please send me an e-mail message if you
would like to participate in the mission,
either from your own home or right there
with us.

Please forward this message to other
interested parties in the area.

Lots of fun and adventure are in store!