[amsat-dc] AMSAT Lab volunteers

Robert Davis bob2leo at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 05:18:11 PST 2008

To all prospective volunteers of the AMSAT Lab in Pocomoke,
The AMSAT Lab will be open:
Sat Apr 5 9a-5p
Sat Apr 12 10a-4p (thanks to Steve who will keep the lab open most of the
day while I'm at the Sussex County Hamfest www.k3str.com)

Just came back from the monthly meeting of the Lewes Amateur Radio Club in
Delaware. I gave a presentation covering "what is AMSAT" and "what are we
doing". I think they got a kick out of it, and I always do.

Anyway, I will update the online photos this weekend.

We have a call for volunteers for a couple of subjects:
1) machinist for Saturday help or work at home. This is for holes & such in
boxes used on SuitSat-2 which will be taken to the International Space
Station for release by an astronaut.
2) volunteers for an education outreach balloon launch with amateur radio
gear. This would be over the summer and we're looking for help in organizing
it ahead of time, and of course for volunteers for the actual event.

As always, more later!
If you're interested in coming by and don't know where we are, or just you
have a question, email me at KF4KSS at amsat.org or call my cell 443-783-7794.

73
bob
Robert Davis