[amsat-dc] March 15 Meeing Followups

Kilroy, Patrick L. (GSFC-568.0) patrick.l.kilroy at nasa.gov
Mon Mar 17 09:23:30 PST 2008

Hi all,

What a wonderful time we had, right?

The photos, meeting minutes and comments are starting to
flow in, thank you!  Here are some status points and some
requests for follow up, if possible and if not out of
line, . . .

1. Please go to the web page, get a copy of the updated
agenda, and scan for any more corrections needed.  I will
make the changes and then we will upload the copy to serve
us For The Record.  Presenters are graciously asked to check
the title I have listed, because some of them are my own
"cutesy" titles I had made up before the meeting.  Thank
you again for your support!

2. Those who brought in hardware for our hi-tech Show 'n'
Tell, I believe I have on record what it is and who it belongs to.  This
information will be reflected in the record.  If
you wish to list/describe the hardware YOURSELF then please
shoot me an e-mail with your text.  Thank you!

3. Please let me know if I missed anyone in the "TNX List"
at the bottom of the agenda.  I want to capture all of our
contributors to our successful meeting and space seminar
and make each of you/them known.  Thank you again!

4. The meeting minutes were ALREADY offered to me by Bruce
Semple, WA3SWJ, and so I am doing some "touch ups" on his
rather excellent work.  They will be released this week for
all.  Any one who wishes to, in turn, add, clarify points,
or "correct" anything will have a 24-48 hour opportunity to
do so before they become our official "record".  So BE
READY and keep an eye out!

5. For photos, I wonder if we could embed the date, callsign
and name, either in the image itself -OR- in the filename
of each image?  Example: XXXXXXXXX-2008-0315-Bob-WP4BQV.jpg,
where XXXXXXXXX is your own filename or index number,
followed by the mks date format, name and callsign, all
separated by a dash.  In the case of a hardware picture,
maybe this: XXXXXXXXXX-2008-0315-N4ZPT-hardware.  And then
the name or callsign of the person who took or otherwise
offered the photo in the first place should be represented
too:  W4ART-XXXXXXXXXX-2008-0315-K3IO-hardware.jpg?  Or
XXXXXXXXXX-W4ART-2008-0315-K3IO-hardware.jpg, where all
after the date is a "description" of the photo subject.

6. We will soon identify on the amsat-dc reflector each
"Special Interest List" page that was sent around the room
for sign up.  That way, others may sign up for a particular
activity too.  My last count was two by Frank Bauer, KA3HDO
(one for the Space Day activity at the National Air & Space
Smithsonian Museum in Washington, D.C. on Saturday, May 3,
and the other for a special AMSAT activity on the National
Mall to take place during the annual Folk Life Festival in
June/July timeframe, exact dates TBD), one by Dan Schultz,
N8FGV and me (regarding volunteer sign ups for staffing the
AMSAT table at the Timonium Hamfest on Saturday or Sunday,
March 29-30, no experience required) and one by me (asking
for volunteers to sign up for a slot on our Steering Committee
to plan and prepare next year's AMSAT-DC Meeting and Space
Seminar, which will have changes, new features including a
a workshop to build something, however simple, e.g., a hand
held 70cm Yagi, or a PICetSat flight module, or a
You-Propose-It).

7. If anyone has any Lessons Learned or improvements for
next year to offer then please write either to me directly,
or if you wish, (diplomatically) share with all on the
amsat-dc e-mail reflector.  Remember, for many items for
"improvement" please offer either a volunteer by name to
do it or describe a means for another volunteer on how to
accomplish such a task.

Whew.  I didn't think this message was going to be this
long!  I hope you stayed with me!

What did I miss??  (HI, HI.)