[amsat-dc] Bring Your Dual Band HT

Kilroy, Patrick L. (GSFC-568.0) patrick.l.kilroy at nasa.gov
Fri Mar 14 18:37:16 PST 2008

DON'T FORGET to bring your dual-band handheld transceiver to
the AMSAT-DC gathering.  And don't forget to remind yourself how
to program a split offset before you leave home (check the
manual).  If you do this you may be glad.  See again Tom K3IO's
message below.

TX 435.900 MHz FM
RX 144.350 MHz FM

C U soon,

http://patkilroy.com/amsat-dc/

>Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 01:11:51 -0500
>From: "Tom Clark, K3IO" <k3io at verizon.net>
>Subject: [amsat-dc] Re: March 15 is the Date
>To: AMSAT-DC <amsat-dc at amsat.org>
>
>Pat Kilroy wrote:
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> We have about three weeks until our local
>> AMSAT meeting and space seminar.  Here is
>> my status report.
>>
>In case you would be interested, I have a new project in the
>works that enables a low-cost, accurate computer controlled
>antenna positioner.
>
>This is NOT just another analog computer interface that uses
>potentiometers inside the rotor --- all control is digital. I'm
>getting about 1 deg accuracy in both az & el, and it is quite
>suitable for small (~1m) dishes and/or small yagis.  Not sure of
>the final costs yet, but a 2-axis rotor system with controller
>should cost <$250, with all the hard parts purchasable with
>plastic over the internet.
>
>Also, I think we (N4HY, W2GPS & I) will be in the position to
>demonstrate a functioning breadboard prototype of the Suitsat-2
>SDX transponder on the air.  People should be prepared to TX on
>70 cm (435.9) & RX on 2M (either 144.35 or 435.90 TBD).
>
>73, Tom

Mr. Patrick L. Kilroy
Flight Systems Integration and Test (I&T)
Building 5, Mail Code 568
NASA Goddard Space Flight Center
Greenbelt, Maryland 20771
Phone: 301-286-1984
E-mail: Patrick.L.Kilroy at nasa.gov
   LRO Project http://lro.gsfc.nasa.gov

"Regarding Project Reviews, the nice thing
  about the truth is that it makes having
 to remember what you said so much easier."