[amsat-dc] Re: Something New

Kilroy, Patrick L. (GSFC-568.0) patrick.l.kilroy at nasa.gov
Mon Mar 10 06:55:52 PST 2008

Hi Bob,

Thanks for your message.  One would think that with your

trip and your presentation that you had your hands full

with things to do this coming Saturday.

Thank you for your offers.

Well, as far as the signs go, if you are so willing, we

could use a large one outside near the main entrance

that points to the LEFT saying:

AMSAT

Parking In Lot

500 feet

The next sign in priority of need is one for indoors

near the reception desk that points LEFT and says:

AMSAT

Meeting in

Pioneer Hall

The challenge will be on exactly how to hold each one in

place.  (By rope, frame, stake or tape?  I dunno yet.)

My poor eyes likely won't notice any sign under two feet

in length without lots of white space.

The last sign can be an AMSAT banner, like that used for

Hamfests, either very conspicuous inside the meeting room

or immediately outside the meeting room, whichever would

have the "greatest effect" (for photos ops or directions).

I side with the former.  I just spoke with Martha on the

phone and will swing by her office to pick up a banner

this afternoon.

Now if someone else can take charge of a FOR SALE

display then that would be good.  Either 3x5-inch cards

or half-sheets of 8.5x11-inch paper?  On a eisle or a

table or a board of some sort?  Anybody?

[Has everyone distributed fliers?]

THANK YOU,

Pat Kilroy

Mr. Patrick L. Kilroy
Flight Systems Integration and Test (I&T)
Building 5, Mail Code 568
NASA Goddard Space Flight Center
Greenbelt, Maryland 20771
Phone: 301-286-1984