[amsat-dc] AMSAT Lab volunteers!

Robert Davis bob2leo at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 07:34:36 PST 2008

All volunteers,
It appears we're within about 3 work days of completing the cleanroom at the
AMSAT lab in Pocomoke, MD! This is good news for those of us that have spent
a year cleaning, scraping, painting, etc.
I have just returned from the Orlando Hamcation, where AMSAT had a booth,
presentation, Board of Directors meeting and engineering meetings. The
entire weekend was very productive.
In my absence, J.C., Ray, Steve & Martin worked on the cleanroom. It is
really starting to look complete now.

Here is the Lab schedule for the next couple of weeks:
Sat Feb 16 - Open 9-5.
Mon Feb 18 - Open 9-5 (this is President's Day)
Sat Feb 23 - Open 9-5.

I'm hoping that these dates will conclude the cleanroom effort (which is
dependent on us volunteers!). Then, we will begin the Eagle Engineering
Unit. This is a flight-like structure we use to verify some things before we
are messing with the expensive (and schedule driven) flight unit. It will be
taken (incomplete) to the Dayton Hamfest in May.
We also have a couple antennas we want to raise...

Anyway, all volunteers are welcome! RSVP would be nice, but not required.

 For directions, map to this intersection:
Broad St & Pocomoke Belt
Pocomoke City, MD 21851

If you have any questions, email me at KF4KSS at amsat.org or call my cell
443-783-7794.