[amsat-dc] On Planning AMSAT-DC Meeting 2008

Pat Kilroy Patrick.L.Kilroy at nasa.gov
Thu Nov 29 07:38:55 PST 2007

FOR OUR NEXT LOCAL MEETING, I've begun to
give it some thought, especially since Easter
and Passover come early this year -- so we
need to likewise plan earlier than normal in
order to schedule it well before those dates.

For the venue, I was hoping to use the same
Pioneer Hall at the HEM as last year.  I must
check with the manager there soon.  (So far
they have seemed content with our modest $50
donation.)

If you have any other nice venues in mind (for
free or no more than $50, and a reasonable
guarantee against being bumped) then I am all
ears.

Checking the new calendar, the date I am
looking at now is either Saturday, March 8 or
March 15, 2008.

An earlier start time?  Maybe 10 A.M. instead
of 11?  (How to we deal better with lunch?)

A change in format?  Or an added feature?

Any ideas or preferences on our meeting?

Please call now.

Thanks,

Web: http://www.patkilroy.com/amsat-dc
in need of a number of updates.

P.S. I am sorry I missed you all at Pittsburgh
last month.  With three teenagers, I have been
up to my ears in family activities.  It paid
off -- EACH one of my daughters became a
national champion in each of their extra-
curricular fields this month!

Patrick L. Kilroy                                             WK
Integration & Test (I&T)            301-286-1984 Voice
NASA Goddard Space Flight Center    301-286-1673 Fax
Building 5, Mail Code 568           Patrick.L.Kilroy at nasa.gov
Greenbelt, Maryland  20771          http://lro.gsfc.nasa.gov/

    "The conquest of air and space, the pursuit of scientific
    discovery in space, is the toughest business in the world."
      - Mike Griffin, NASA Administrator, November 19, 2007