[amsat-dc] AMSAT-DC Space Seminar Reaps Outstanding Success

Pat Kilroy pat at patkilroy.com
Sat Mar 24 16:43:31 PST 2007

WHAT A FINE MEETING and space seminar we had
today!

Perhaps those of you who were in attendance
can respond with comments about one or two of
your favorite talks or demos. Please also help
me in thanking the presenters ...

I thank you all for your participation, especially
to our speakers:

1. Scott Stevens, N3ASA, via a remote link from
some place near York, PA. With Mike Mantrose,
KA2JAI, assisting with the slides and EchoLink
connection. (11:41 - 12:05)

2. Rick Hambly, W2GPS (12:08 - 1:21)

3. Dan Schultz, N8FGV (1:23 - 1:26)

4. Bob Davis, KF4KSS (1:29 - 2:12)

5. HaoQi "Esther" Li, KI4LJD, a senior at
Thomas Jefferson High School in Fairfax, VA,
with fellow TJHS student Nastia.  FYI, you
may enjoy Esther's keen ham radio bio at
http://www.qrz.com/KI4LJD  (2:17 - 2:35)

6. Charlie Heisler, K3VDB (3:04 - 3:25)

7. Bob Bruninga, WB4APR (3:28 - 4:20)

8. Heru Walmsley, W3WVV (4:57 - 5:20)

9. Tom Clark, K3IO (5:21 - 6:00)

Also, thank you to Gary Chatters, WA9ZZZ, for
serving AMSAT-DC Talk-in NCS on 146.76 MHz FM,
thank you to Charlie K3VDB and Tom K3IO for
serving as our photographers.  Thank you to
Sean Barnes, N3JQ, Physics teacher at Trinity
High School for making HD video recordings
of us!

Thank you to Bob Carpenter, W3OTC, for his
awesome efforts in helping Martha in the
office for several years, and who made it
clear that more help is needed.  Please
inquire within!

Thank you for those of you who helped set up
and clean up. Thanks for those who offered
excellent technical insight and advice from
the floor, especially to the students.

A great time was indeed had by all.

Respectfully submitted,

Pat Kilroy, N8PK
AMSAT Area Coordinator
and AMSAT-DC host

pat at patkilroy.com or n8pk at amsat.org ...
Either one but not both, since each address
goes to the same home.