[amsat-dc] AMSAT Lab volunteers - all hands for cleanroom assembly!

Davis, Robert J rjdavis at mdhawk.org
Fri Mar 23 02:32:00 PST 2007

Dear volunteers,
This is an all hands call for assembling the cleanroom air handlers on Sat & Sun April 14/15 in Pocomoke, MD! Please RSVP & come help! To be successful, we need at least 8 people. Some jobs will be lifting, some will be sorting (like the fasteners we're using next), but at least we have a certified forklift operator! We hope to finish in one day, but are reserving the next day as backup.

Here's the upcoming weekend schedule:
Sat Mar 24 - Closed. I'll be at the AMSAT-DC meeting in Baltimore.
http://www.amsat.org/amsat-new/fieldops/eventDetail.php?eID=259 <https://umesmail1.umes.edu/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.amsat.org/amsat-new/fieldops/eventDetail.php?eID=259>
Sat Mar 31 - Open
Sat Apr 7 - Closed (Easter weekend)
Sat Apr 14 - Open. Please RSVP for cleanroom assembly! bob2leo at gmail.com
Sun Apr 15 - Open if needed. Please RSVP!

When open, Saturday regular hours are 8am to 5pm. Sunday hours start later. Email (bob2leo at gmail.com) or call my cell to RSVP or if you have questions, 443-783-7794.

I've started to upload pictures at
http://picasaweb.google.com/bob2leo <http://picasaweb.google.com/bob2leo>
Check it out!

After raising the cleanroom, there will still be a lot of work before it's operational. We're looking for an electrician to assist in wiring it. Please pass the word.
And by late April we'll be starting the Eagle mockup for the Dayton Hamfest!

See below for a Google map to the AMSAT lab in southwest Pocomoke:
http://www.google.com/maps?q=Broad+St+%26+Pocomoke+Belt,+Pocomoke+City,+MD+21851&ie=UTF8&z=15&ll=38.057452,-75.560017&spn=0.014834,0.036778&om=1&iwloc=addr
The AMSAT lab is inside a large warehouse on the corner with a blue roof. Front door says "MIST".
PLEASE ENTER AT THE REAR OF THE BUILDING! FRONT DOOR WILL BE LOCKED!

All help is welcome! Hams, non-hams, college students, younger students, etc!

bob
Robert Davis
KF4KSS