[amsat-dc] AMSAT lab volunteers: 3-day weekend!
Davis, Robert J
rjdavis at mdhawk.org
Thu Jan 11 10:02:15 PST 2007
The Sat/Sun/Mon 3-day weekend almost got past me! We have volunteer jobs for anybody that comes to the AMSAT lab in Pocomoke, MD. Please come & invite anybody else!
On Wednesday of last week, we brought three 24-foot trucks from the previous AMSAT lab in Orlando, FL. We've now got a disassembled 20'x20' cleanroom, desks, tables, cabinets, documentation, tools, electronic equipment, and various components/spares. The trucks have been unloaded, and we've completed inventory of the big items.
1) Clean airhandlers of cleanroom
2) Remove flaking paint from airhandlers of cleanroom
3) Remove filters from cleanroom
4) Clean steel posts of cleanroom
5) Take inventory of damaged components of cleanroom
6) Plan assembly of cleanroom
7) Make lists of hardware/lights/filters/walling needed to assemble cleanroom
8) Sort/inventory hand tools (ratchet/wrench sets, screw drivers, etc)
9) Apply inventory stickers ! ! ! (This should probably be first on the list...)
10) Repackage items that are destined for long-term storage (like previous project documentation)
11) Clean up 2 desks and the best 2 computers (will collect photos & inventory database here)
12) Discuss Eagle spacecraft with anybody that will listen!
I will have the lab open 8am to 5pm on Saturday and Monday. Sunday morning I will be late.
If you plan to come in, please call or email me (especially for Sunday).
My cell is 443-783-7794.
See below for a Google map to the AMSAT lab in southwest Pocomoke:
The AMSAT lab is inside a large warehouse on the corner with a blue roof. Front door says "MIST".
PLEASE ENTER AT THE REAR OF THE BUILDING! FRONT DOOR WILL BE LOCKED!
Here's an idea of our long-term lab plans:
1) Cleanroom operational (March)
2) Erect tower for ground station (April or sooner)
3) Build Eagle spacecraft mockup (May)
4) Build Eagle engineering unit (August? This may be pushing it...)
5) Gather all parts, components & tools for Eagle spacecraft frame by end of 2007
6) Build Eagle spacecraft start of 2008!
We will be asking for volunteers most Saturdays in the foreseeable future. All help is welcome! Hams, non-hams, college students, younger students, etc!
Some people on this list have already stated that they probably won't be volunteering anytime soon, but would like to remain "on the list" so they know the latest news. However, if you wish to be removed from this list, just write or call me.
More information about the AMSAT-DC