[amsat-dc] Re: Impacts? Missed Discussions?

Perry Klein pk at washcable.tv
Thu Jan 4 08:16:14 PST 2007

You can find all the recent comments on the new Amateur Rules filed with the
FCC at

 http://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/prod/ecfs/comsrch_v2.cgi

Enter 04-140 in Box 1 ("Proceeding").  Then click on "Retrieve Document
List".

AMSAT filed a Petition for Reconsideration, as did ARRL, and there are a
number
of other comments filed there.  AMSAT is opposed to new language in §
97.207(g) that
will require those filing for new amateur satellites to provide extensive
details
on plans for the mitigation of orbital debris.

73,
Perry, W3PK
(currently at our place in Isla Mujeres, Mexico until Jan. 8.)