[amsat-bb] PSAT2 preps for delivery (maybe June launch)

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Thu Feb 8 02:33:24 UTC 2018

No, everyone leave it be.  Im just informing you of the status.  We have
involved everyone already from the ARRL, AMSAT, etc.  The FCC does seem to
want to act favorably, its just that they want the DoD/NTIA process to be
involved too.

But just saying that is one thing, but moving the DoD and the Federals is
more than a mountain.

This forces us to go through the same DoD process that takes YEARS and tons
of paperwork for their billion dollar satellites, and those very busy
people are being asked to process a $5k student Amateur Radio project when
they have billon dollar projects on their desks.  And there is no
precedent.  Nothing to go on.

Striking all new ground…

Again, we get the impression that the FCC is trying to “help”…

So we just have to wait it out.

Bob Bruninga