[amsat-bb] WD9EWK @ DM23/DM24 on Friday (3 February)

Patrick STODDARD (WD9EWK/VA7EWK) amsat-bb at wd9ewk.net
Sun Jan 29 19:48:49 UTC 2017

Hi!

On my way to Palm Springs on Friday (3 February), I have a chance
to stop at the DM23/DM24 grid boundary north of Quartzsite AZ for
some passes. My tentative plans are to be out to that boundary
sometime between 1600 and 1700 UTC, which could make it possible
for an FO-29 pass around 1643 UTC covering much of North America,
and an AO-85 pass as that FO-29 pass ends. I don't plan on spending
the whole day at this spot, as I would like to arrive in Palm
Springs by mid- to late-afternoon. QSOs will be uploaded to Logbook
of the World, and QSL cards to confirm QSOs are available on request.

As with my other road trips, my travels should appear on sites like
aprs.fi as WD9EWK-9:

http://aprs.fi/WD9EWK-9

I will also use my @WD9EWK Twitter feed to post updates, which are
also visible in a web browser without a Twitter account at:

http://twitter.com/WD9EWK

By the way, if anyone going to Palm Springs is up for dinner on Friday,
please e-mail me off the list or send a direct message to my @WD9EWK
Twitter account. I don't know all of the eating establishments in that
area other than an In-N-Out along I-10, but I'm sure we can find a
place that works for a meal and some conversation before Saturday's
hamfest.

73!

Patrick WD9EWK/VA7EWK
http://www.wd9ewk.net/