[amsat-bb] Re-entry predictions for BY70-1

Todd Deckard twdeckard at earthlink.net
Sun Jan 29 16:07:14 UTC 2017

Greetings Joe!

space-track.org lists the decay epoch as 2017-02-22 0:00:00 -- note this is not strictly the re-entry time but perhaps gives us an approximate window?

I do not understand the material very well.  It appears for large objects they will calculate a time-and-impact prediction as things become more certain but perhaps poor Bayi-Kepu-Weixing-1 may not rate as it doesn't pose a hazard.

I don't even know if it would be visible during re-entry given the speed?