[amsat-bb] Cubesats launch and IDs

Nico Janssen hamsat at xs4all.nl
Thu Jan 26 10:24:59 UTC 2017

All,

As witnessed by Mike, DK3WM, the TLE sets of some of the Cubesats from
this launch have been cross-tagged a couple of days ago. TuPOD is now
object 41936, 1998-067KY. Probably Tancredo 1 is now 41931, 1998-067KT,
and OSNSAT is 41939, 1998-067KZ. I informed Kelso and he has now
updated CelesTrak. Unfortunately Space-Track is still using the IDs that
they originally guessed.

TuPOD's batteries are empty so the satellite is not transmitting anymore.
Also Tancredo 1 does not seem to transmit anymore, at least not when
in eclipse. As far as I know, Waseda-Sat 3 never transmitted any signals.

73,
Nico PA0DLO