[amsat-bb] SatPC32 "sun tracking"

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Wed Jan 25 14:00:38 UTC 2017

Thanks ALL!  Found it (SuM.exe).  But it won't let me easily slide around
in time.

So I just went back to my 20 year old copy of Instantrack, verified that
it gives same result as SuM and now I'm good.

I used IT to see how many hours of sun a south facing solar array would be
illuminated at what elevation angle.

For my latitude (39 degrees), I developed this table in about a minutes
work:
7 Hrs over +/-49 deg AZ above 10 deg EL
6 hrs over +/- 43 deg AZ above 14 deg EL
5 Hrs over +/- 37 deg AZ above 18 deg EL
4 Hrs over +/- 31 deg AZ above 21 deg EL
3 Hrs over +/- 24 deg AZ above 24 deg EL

To figure out where to top off some trees.

Bob, WB4APR