[amsat-bb] Has BY70-1 gone 'dark'?

Dani EA4GPZ daniel at destevez.net
Thu Jan 19 13:41:49 UTC 2017

El 19/01/17 a las 06:47, Peter Goodhall escribió:
> Doesn't appear to have "gone dark" more the repeaters been turned off
> and its currently in telemetry mode.
>
> My guess is that its so they can run the science payload (camera) and
> get some data from it.

Hi all,

The camera is not only the science payload. It's open for all hams to
use it. As far as I know, it's the first time in the history of Amateur
Radio that something like this happens (namely that scientific equipment
on a satellite is open for remote control by all Amateurs).

BY70-1 will reenter in a few weeks. In the mean time, go and have some
fun: try to use the camera. Probably you'll need to team up with fellow
hams in your area to receive the complete image properly.

http://lilacsat.hit.edu.cn/?p=542

More info:

http://destevez.net/2017/01/open-telecommand-for-by70-1/
http://destevez.net/2016/12/looking-at-by70-1-image-downlink/