[amsat-bb] PSAT SPin Rate?

Mike Rupprecht mail at mike-rupprecht.de
Sat Jan 14 09:04:13 UTC 2017

See here: http://www.dk3wn.info/p/?p=76608
73 MikeDK3WN
-------- Ursprüngliche Nachricht --------Von: Robert Bruninga <bruninga at usna.edu> Datum: 13.01.17  22:00  (GMT+01:00) An: AMSAT <amsat-bb at amsat.org> Betreff: [amsat-bb] PSAT SPin Rate?
We just noticed that PSAT is in full sun.  We want to know its spin rate
but seaman Murphy is visiting the shack rignt now… and our UHF seems to
have an intermittent…

Passes are in the afternoon approaching sunset (and of course in the
morning around sunrise… that’s why its in full sun all the time, because
its orbit is near the day/night terminator right now…)

So, simply tune in 435.350 +/- 10 KHz doppler and listen to the SWISHES of
the UHF FM downlink and count SWISHES per minute.

SWISHES are the nulls you might hear in the UHF antenna pattern on an FM
receiver.  Hold your squelch open so you don’t get confused.

It might be swishing at above 10 RPM which would be a swish every 6 seconds.

Of course, if no one is transmitting PSK31 on 28.121 MHz then the PSK31
transponder might not be up….  So this is a good time to dust off the PSK31
Ten meter transmitter.  Just transmit PSK31 in the 28.120 to 28.122 MHz
passband and it should bring up the transponder.

Send comments to  my lastname AT usna DOT edu

Bob Bruninga, WB4APR