[amsat-bb] AMSAT @ Thunderbird Hamfest in Phoenix AZ, Saturday (14 Jan)

Patrick STODDARD (WD9EWK/VA7EWK) amsat-bb at wd9ewk.net
Thu Jan 12 02:59:52 UTC 2017

Hi!

AMSAT will have a booth at the Thunderbird Amateur Radio Club's
Thunderbird Hamfest 2017 on Saturday, 14 January 2017. The hamfest
will be at the Northwest Community Church on 43rd Avenue between
Greenway and Bell Roads in Phoenix AZ. The hamfest officially starts
at 8am (1500 UTC), but I expect people will be wandering around an
hour or even two hours before the official start time. More details
about the hamfest are available at the club's web site:

http://w7tbc.org

WD9EWK will be on the satellites from the hamfest, for demonstrations
of satellite operating. There will be passes on FM, SSB, and packet
satellites during the morning. If you hear WD9EWK on the satellites,
or see WD9EWK-9 on either the ISS or NO-84, please call and be a part
of the demonstrations. All QSOs will be uploaded to Logbook of the
World after the hamfest. If you would like to receive a WD9EWK QSL
card for a QSO made during the hamfest, please e-mail me with the QSO
details. If you are in the log, I will be happy to mail a QSL card.
No need to first send me a QSL card or SASE.

I will use my @WD9EWK Twitter feed to send updates from the hamfest
on Saturday morning. If you do not use Twitter, you can still see
these updates in a web browser at:

http://twitter.com/WD9EWK

Thanks in advance, and 73!

Patrick WD9EWK/VA7EWK