[amsat-bb] Setting up SatPC32

Ken Alexander k.alexander at rogers.com
Tue Jan 10 03:18:56 UTC 2017

I'm trying to set up SatPC32 to run two FT-817s, one for transmit and
one for receive.

The instructions say "with the FT-817/857/897 set the CAT delay to 110"
How?

The Radio Setup dialog box has a small box where the following appears:

COM-Port (0 - 99)
CAT Delay

A box to the right of that has:

10
20

and a box to the right of that simply has

10

What are those?  COM Ports or CAT Delay numbers?

I tried entering 110 (the CAT Delay for the FT-817) in the right-most
box and got an error message.  How do you tell it you want to enter the
Com-Port, and then the CAT Delay?

That's for Radio 1.  There doesn't seem to be a way to specify the CAT
Delay for Radio 2.  What if it's a different radio?

Finally, How do I tell SatPC32 I want to transmit on Radio 1 and receive
on Radio 2, or vice versa?

Any help would be gratefully accepted.

Thanks and 73,

Ken Alexander