[amsat-bb] AO-85

skristof at etczone.com skristof at etczone.com
Mon Jan 9 02:03:27 UTC 2017

Thanks to all who replied. I have a tendency to try the most frugal
(i.e. cheapest) methods to do things so I'm using an RTL-SDR with SDR#
software. I use the VB virtual audio cable to connect the SDR# to
FoxTelem. As I mentioned, this has worked wonderfully in the past, just
not lately. I did check the AGC on SDR#, and it is not enabled.

The only filtering that is occurring that I can see is the low pass
filtering in FoxTelem.

My gut feeling is that I'm going to have get on the roof this spring and
check out the antenna connection. The antenna is an M2 turnstile. Yes, I
know it's not the top choice, but, as I said, it worked pretty well a
couple of months ago.

Steve AI9IN