[amsat-bb] AO-85

Jerry Buxton n0jy at amsat.org
Sun Jan 8 23:22:46 UTC 2017

Hi Steve,

I haven't been copying AO-85 telemetry for the last few weeks, but I
have not heard any reports from our engineering team that there are any
anomalies with the telemetry.  The presence or absence of sunlight over
the northern hemisphere or anywhere else should not affect the signal
strength of the satellite, at least not noticeably.

A quick look at the telemetry leaderboard
http://www.amsat.org/tlm/leaderboard.php?id=1&db=FOXDB
indicates that there are as many stations as usual copying telemetry in
the last 90 minutes.  So while everything I've said here doesn't
conclude that AO-85 is working OK I don't see any obvious indications
that there would be a problem on the satellite end of things.

I'm sure that others here can help with suggestions for troubleshooting
on your station end, I'm not taking a cop-out here but it is in fact
suppertime so here I go for now, stomach wins over hobby!     :-)

Jerry Buxton, NØJY