[amsat-bb] BY70-1 last night pass NA/Caribbean.

Pavel Milanes Costa pavelmc at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 14:24:36 UTC 2017

Hi,

I was listening last night in the pass over NA and Caribbean (I'm in
FL11/Cuba) and get a great signal of the packet downlink on the repeater
output in 70cm but no audio...

I tried to get into the sat repeater with no joy, is the repeater turned
on full time or it has a schedule or other trick beside the PL tone?

Gear here:

* 70cm: 1 turn QFHA + LNA + 10m AH LDF4 +Vcc Tap for LNA with HPF +
RTL-SDR (CAT controlled via GQRX in linux)

* 2m: 1 turn QFHA or J-pole + 20m AH LDF4 + Alinco DR-130 (5W) / Baofeng
(2.5 Khz step 5W)

Note: with this setup I'm able to work SO-50 successfully (QSO with
HP2BWY) just minutes before this pass of BY70-1, so the hardware is
working great.

--

73 Pavel CO7WT.