[amsat-bb] Kenwood D710 firmware ?

PA3GUO pa3guo at upcmail.nl
Tue Jan 3 19:55:02 UTC 2017

Dave (W8AAS) and Arno (PE1RDP) gave some valuable suggestions....
which made me check the procedures again.

... where I found out you actually have to push the READ button twice
(!) before the MCP software starts reading from the radio :-)

Solved !
Henk - PA3GUO

.. I am a bit in trouble :-)

For APRS (ISS, PSAT, ..) I have recently put a Kenwood D710 in my car.
Worked fine. I used the MCP2 program to program memories & settings.

Until I decided today to update the firmware: from 2.01 --> 2.10.
After that I could not use the MCP2 software anymore.
Doesn't read any data from the radio any longer, it sticks at 0%.

Re-did the firmware update, same result, still doesn't read.
Doesn't write either btw. ('model / market code does not match')

Tried to also update the Panel Firmware (maybe this was a combo ?).
Doesn't work either: says cannot find Panel.
..but the panel is connected and works fine !

Cannot find anything on Google reporting the same (apart from G4ILO,
but the poor man is SK).

Any clue anyone - there must be plenty of D710's installed for
satellite operations.
Or else: does someone have a previous version of the firmware, such
that I can try if a downgrade would work ?

Thanks
Henk Pa3GUO