[amsat-bb] BY70-1 Observation & Question

Mike Diehl diehl.mike.a at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 06:47:49 UTC 2017

Ted,

I worked the last pass over SoCal from my driveway with 500mW. I had little trouble getting in once it cleared the local obstructions.

Hand guided Elk with VFO Doppler tuning. I think most people have outdated keps so they're way off. I've worked this bird a couple times now and never over 2.5W with 817 as an uplink. As usual, QRO isn't the answer.

73's

Mike Diehl
AI6GS