[amsat-bb] FM Satellites: Good Operating Practices for Beginning and Experienced Operators

Burns Fisher burns at fisher.cc
Tue Dec 12 00:13:53 UTC 2017

Good work Sean!

Number 6 seems to be the most controversial.  I do believe that many new
folks are still interested in catching the "rare" QSO.  I'd suggest,
though, that instead of prioritizing "rare grids" you prioritize "special
short term stations".   You might give as examples rare grid squares,
portable stations and special event stations (easily recognizable by their
1x1 calls).  Maybe even suggest giving priority to weak-sounding stations.

Any other ideas about priorities?

73,

Burns W2BFJ