[amsat-bb] Thoughts on ISS packet switch back to 145.825 MHz (long)

Patrick STODDARD (WD9EWK/VA7EWK) amsat-bb at wd9ewk.net
Sun Apr 16 02:35:12 UTC 2017

Hi Stefan!

I also look online after the passes, hoping to see gateways picking up
the activity. Looks like some of the gateways either need to be turned
on again, or switched back to 145.825 MHz.

Seems like there are a lot of stations using UISS, which makes the
use of APRS messages an easy thing. Several of the calls I saw on
the radio today were the same calls that never responded to APRS
messages in the past. More often than not, if the station is using
an HT, or maybe a mobile radio (as identified on the screen when I
see details on that station on my screen), those are the stations
I have the best chance at making a QSO.

Maybe some of these stations won't stay on 145.825 MHz, after the
novelty of the ISS digipeater coming back to 2m wears off. If there are
operators at those keyboards, hopefully they will answer the APRS
messages they receive from me and others, and try to contact stations
they see/hear on these passes.

Hopefully we can make a QSO over the ISS digipeater on 2m soon! 73!

Patrick WD9EWK/VA7EWK
http://www.wd9ewk.net/
Twitter: @WD9EWK