[amsat-bb] Is there satellite tracking software for smart phones?

Patrick STODDARD (WD9EWK/VA7EWK) amsat-bb at wd9ewk.net
Fri Apr 14 00:41:42 UTC 2017

Mike,

Try AmsatDroid Free. A free tracking app, it has a crosshairs on
the screen with two circles. Top of the crosshairs is north, outer circle
is the horizon, inner circle is 45 degrees elevation, and the center
of the crosshairs is directly over you. I have used it on my Android
tablet (original Nexus 7) and phones (Nexus 4, 5, and 5X). A simple
app, but it works. You can manually enter your location, or let the
GPS or mobile network set it for you. Select a list of amateur
satellites to load into the app, and away you go...

73!

Patrick WD9EWK/VA7EWK
http://www.wd9ewk.net/
Twitter: @WD9EWK