[amsat-bb] Upcoming ARISS Contact Schedule as of 2017-04-11 05:00 UTC

AJ9N at aol.com AJ9N at aol.com
Wed Apr 12 00:00:15 UTC 2017

If they do, then I will certainly be posting the address.

73,
Charlie  AJ9N

In a message dated 4/11/2017 12:49:32 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
ko6th.greg at gmail.com writes:

Does  anyone know if the Brook Haven School contact will be streamed live?

Thanks,

Greg  KO6TH

AJ9N--- via AMSAT-BB  wrote:
> [...]
send
> your  reports to  aj9n at amsat.org or  aj9n at aol.com.

>  ***
>
> Message  to US Educators
> Amateur Radio on the  International Space Station
> Contact  Opportunity
>
> Call for Proposals
> Proposal Window February 15  –  April 15, 2017
>
> The Amateur Radio on the International  Space  Station (ARISS) Program is
> seeking formal and informal  education institutions  and organizations,
> individually or  working together, to host an Amateur Radio  contact with
a crew
>  member on board the ISS.  ARISS anticipates that the  contact would  be
held
> between January 1, 2018 and June 30, 2018. Crew  scheduling  and ISS
orbits will
> determine the exact contact  dates. To maximize these radio  contact
> opportunities, ARISS is  looking for organizations that will draw large
numbers of
>  participants and integrate the contact into a well-developed  education
> plan.
>
> The deadline to submit a proposal is April  15,  2017.  Proposal
information
> and documents can be found  at  www.arrl.org/hosting-an-ariss-contact.
>
> The  Opportunity
> Crew  members aboard the International Space Station  will participate in
> scheduled  Amateur Radio contacts. These  radio contacts are
approximately 10
> minutes in  length and allow  students to interact with the astronauts
through
> a   question-and-answer session.
>
> An ARISS contact is a  voice-only  communication opportunity via Amateur
> Radio between  astronauts and cosmonauts  aboard the space station and
>  classrooms and communities. ARISS contacts afford  education audiences
the
> opportunity to learn firsthand from astronauts what it  is  like to live
and work in
> space and to learn about space research  conducted on  the ISS. Students
also
> will have an opportunity to  learn about satellite  communication,
wireless
> technology, and  radio science. Because of the nature of  human
spaceflight and
>  the complexity of scheduling activities aboard the ISS,  organizations
must
> demonstrate flexibility to accommodate changes in dates  and  times of
the
> radio contact.
>
> Amateur Radio  organizations around the  world, NASA, and space agencies
in
>  Russia, Canada, Japan and Europe sponsor this  educational opportunity
by
> providing the equipment and operational support to  enable  direct
> communication between crew on the ISS and students around  the  world via
Amateur Radio.
> In the US, the program is managed  by AMSAT (Radio  Amateur Satellite
> Corporation) and ARRL  (American Radio Relay League) in  partnership with
NASA and
>  CASIS (Center for the Advancement of Science in   Space).
>

> More Information
> Interested parties  can find  more information about the program at
> www.ariss.org  and  www.arrl.org/ARISS.
>
> For proposal information  and more  details such as expectations,
proposal
> guidelines and  proposal form, and dates  and times of Information
Sessions go
>  to  http://www.arrl.org/hosting-an-ariss-contact.
> Please  direct any  questions to  ariss at arrl.org.

>  ***
>
> ARISS  is always glad to receive listener reports for  the above
contacts.
> ARISS  thanks everyone in advance for  their assistance.  Feel free to
send
> your  reports to  aj9n at amsat.org or aj9n at aol.com.
>
> Listen for the ISS on   the downlink of 145.8Ø  MHz.

>  ***
>
> All  ARISS contacts are made via the Kenwood radio  unless otherwise
noted.

>  ***
>
> Several  of you have sent me emails asking about the  RAC ARISS website
and
> not being  able to get in.  That has  now been changed to
> http://www.ariss.org/
>
> Note  that there are links to other ARISS  websites from this   site.

>  Looking  for something new to do?  How about receiving DATV from  the
ISS?

> If interested, then please go to  the ARISS-EU website for  complete
> details.  Look for the  buttons indicating Ham  Video.
>

> http://www.ariss-eu.org/
>
> If you  need some  assistance, ARISS mentor Kerry N6IZW, might be able to

> provide some  insight.  Contact Kerry at   kbanke at sbcglobal.net

>  ARISS  congratulations the following mentors who have now mentored over
100

> schools:
>
> Satoshi 7M3TJZ  with 123
> Gaston ON4WF with  123
> Francesco IKØWGF  with  119

>  The  webpages listed below were all reviewed for accuracy.  Out of  date

> webpages were removed and new ones have been added.   If there are
> additional
> ARISS websites I need to know  about, please let me  know.
>
> Note, all times are  approximate.  It is recommended that you  do your
own
>  orbital prediction or start listening about 10 minutes before  the
listed
> time.
> All dates and times listed follow International   Standard ISO 8601 date
and
> time format  YYYY-MM-DD  HH:MM:SS
>
> The  complete schedule page has been updated as  of 2017-04-11 05:00 UTC.

> (***)
> Here you will find a  listing of all scheduled school contacts, and
> questions, other  ISS related websites, IRLP and Echolink websites, and
>  instructions for any contact that may be streamed live.
>
> http://www.amsat.org/amsat/ariss/news/arissnews.rtf
>  http://www.amsat.org/amsat/ariss/news/arissnews.txt
>
>  Total  number of ARISS ISS to earth school events is 1129.
> Each  school counts as 1  event.
> Total number of ARISS ISS to earth  school contacts is 1090.
> Each  contact may have multiple schools  sharing the same time slot.
> Total number of  ARISS supported  terrestrial contacts is 47.
>
> A complete year by year   breakdown of the contacts may be found in the
> file.
>  http://www.amsat.org/amsat/ariss/news/arissnews.rtf
>
>  Please  feel free to contact me if more detailed statistics are   needed.

>  The  following US states and entities have never had an ARISS  contact:
> Arkansas,  Delaware, South Dakota, Wyoming, American  Samoa, Guam,
Northern

>  QSL  information may be found at:
>  http://www.ariss.org/qsl-cards.html
>
> ISS  callsigns:  DPØISS, IRØISS, NA1SS, OR4ISS,  RSØISS

>  The  successful school list has been updated as of 2017-04-04 06:00
UTC.

http://www.amsat.org/amsat/ariss/news/ISS_frequencies_and_Doppler_correction