[amsat-bb] IC-2730A: Full-Duplex, Odd-Splits, SatPC32?

Clayton W5PFG w5pfg at amsat.org
Tue Apr 11 01:17:35 UTC 2017

I have had the best luck, and most experience with, Kenwood dual-banders
on satellites. I've been using the TM-D700 and TM-D710 series on all the
available FM satellites for the past six years with great success.  With
TM-D700's being available at bargain prices sometimes, it is hard to
spend triple for a new TM-D710 (although they're quite nice.)

Almost any manufacturer's rig I have tried do not support cross-band/VFO
"split" memory channels for full duplex. It's no problem because you can
open a separate memory on one VFO for uplink and another memory channel
on the other VFO for downlink.

73
Clayton
W5PFG