[amsat-bb] OLE-fehler ?

Bill Bordy, NJ1H nj1h at comcast.net
Sun Apr 2 18:22:16 UTC 2017

I just went through this last night while installing SatPC32 on a
Windows 10 computer.  As described in the SatPC32 FAQ:

    *k. Ole error 8004503A……*
    The SatPC32 voice feature requires the Microsoft Speech SDK (SAPI
    5.1) to be installed on the PC. If it is missing you will get the
    aforementioned error message. The software can be downloaded for
    free from the Microsoft web site:
    http://www.microsoft.com/reader/developers/downloads/tts.mspx
    <http://www.microsoft.com/reader/developers/downloads/tts.mspx>See also:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=5e86ec97-40a7-453f-b0ee-6583171b4530&DisplayLang=en

Note that the first link is no longer active.

The second link is. However, after you click the download button, a
number of different files are listed for downloading. I downloaded and
installed the SpeechSDK51.exe file.

The description for it is:

    If you want to download sample code, documentation, SAPI, and the
    U.S. English Speech engines for development purposes, download the
    Speech SDK 5.1 file (SpeechSDK51.exe).

There are other options available. I was tempted to try the:

      * If you want to redistribute the Speech API and/or the Speech
        engines to integrate and ship as a part of your product,
        download the Speech 5.1 SDK Redistributables file
        (SpeechSDK51MSM.exe).

option, but didn't. Perhaps Eric can clarify which is more appropriate.

I was doing all this via a remote desktop connection to the PC and all
appeared correct, but when I ran it directly on the computer, I got the
Ole error 8004503A..... error. I then found out I had to plug in a
headset to the audio out connector on the PC to eliminate the error.
Apparently my remote desktop connection "Remote Audio" enabled was
enough for the SDK to run correctly.

While installing via remote desktop, I also had to provide a path to the
satellite group and Kepler files for some reason in the applications
roaming directory. I was prompted for this via German language pop up
windows. This issue is unrelated to the Ole error.

73,
Bill
NJ1H