[amsat-bb] Great White North Grid Expedition Schedule for Saturday

Ken Alexander k.alexander at rogers.com
Sat Nov 26 00:24:53 UTC 2016

Val-d'Or QC is colder and snowier than everywhere else I've been.  This
is where the grid activations are really going to be weather dependent.

First of all, I'm afraid I have to sacrifice FN17.  It's in the wrong
direction and the distances are too great.  Tomorrow will be all about
FN09, FN18 and FN19.  To be efficient, I will try to operate from grid
boundaries, specifically FN18/FN19 and then FN09/FN19 a little later.
Hopefully, I can park on the side of the highway without getting in the
way.  If you look at it on a map, the highway (Hwy 109 north from
FN18at) connects civilization with...well, very very little!  Traffic
should be very light.

I have a long drive to my next hotel tomorrow evening, so I am finishing
up with the AO-7's pass at 2021.  I hope I have this right...AO-7 will
be in Mode B tomorrow?  If not, there won't be much to do.

SO-50 isn't positioned well.  The only opportunity we have tomorrow is
at 1305.  I was hoping to do better for the FM-only ops.  That's just
the way it is.

  26.11.2016 SO-50        13:05
  26.11.2016  AO-73        14:06
  26.11.2016  FO-29        15:14
  26.11.2016  EO-79        15:39
  26.11.2016  FO-29        17:00
  26.11.2016  AO-07        18:28
  26.11.2016  AO-85        18:49
  26.11.2016  AO-07        20:21

As always, keep following me on Twitter @ve3hls for updates...although,
once I'm up there I'll be well out of cellphone range.

73,

Ken
VE3HLS