[amsat-bb] Tracking EO 79

Wouter Weggelaar wouterweg at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 19:14:41 UTC 2016

Hi Steve,

Spot on. Is is indeed a set of timers running off the eclipse
detection, and this will indeed make the on time drift.
We have not decided yet how to handle the drift, and we are still
characterizing the behavior of the transponder and its effect on the
power budget.

We are looking for longer term trends, as the utilization of the
transponder varies quite a lot in the short term. If we are power
positive enough, we may for instance lengthen the activation period.

But we also need to still do things like getting housekeeping and
whole orbit data down, and detumble the satellite periodically.

We will see how this develops over time!

Wouter PA3WEG