[amsat-bb] Programming a Kenwood TH-D72A for ISS Digi Contacts

Richard Tejera Saguaroastro at cox.net
Wed Nov 9 03:09:22 UTC 2016

To add to Patrick's advise, you can store up to 8 user phrases. APRS menu 3P0. Mine include "CQ  De K7TEJ from DM33, pse K", "K7TEJ DM33, QSL"  And "K7TEJ 73". (These can also be entered in the programming software"

To use, press MSG and enter or select the call sign you wish to contact, in the message text line. Press "F", this will bring up the list of messages, press the number of the stored message, and it will paste in. Press the right side of the multi function button and away it goes. If successfully receive, you get a message back.

Rick Tejera K7TEJ
Saguaro Astronomy Club
www.SaguaroAstro.org
Thunderbird Amateur Radio Club