[amsat-bb] 120v power on carnival liberty

Bruce kk5do at arrl.net
Tue Nov 1 16:53:35 UTC 2016

I have a friend that has sailed on this ship before. There is one outlet
in your cabin for 120v ac power. If you are going to bring a power
strip, the ship rules state that it CANNOT be a surge protector. They
can only be a dumb power strip. If you do bring a surge protector, they
will confiscate it and return it to you at the end of the cruise.

I found one on amazon made by Belkin that has a 5 foot cord for about $8.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002AG0IO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I am not endorsing this product, I am only letting you know what I found
and am taking. It comes with a cardboard band around it and I am leaving
that on so that they can see that it is not a surge protector. You can
probably pick something up at your favorite discount wholesale club or
super store.

73...bruce

--

Bruce Paige, KK5DO

AMSAT Director Contests and Awards
AMSAT Board Member 2016-2018
AMSAT Board Alternate 2015-2016

ARRL Awards Field Checker (WAS, 5BWAS, VUCC), VE

Houston AMSAT Net - Wed 0100z on Echolink - Conference *AMSAT*
Also live streaming MP3 at http://www.amsatnet.com
Podcast at http://www.amsatnet.com/podcast.xml or iTunes

http://www.arrl.org

AMSAT on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/amsat