[amsat-bb] Cuscraft 416-TB and 22XB phasing harneses???

Jim Walls jim at k6ccc.org
Tue May 24 15:43:46 UTC 2016

Chris Thompson said (in part):
 > I don't think it is worthwhile setting up the ability to switch from
LHCP
> to RHCP or vice versa if the spacecraft has linear antennae, because the
> difference is only 3dB, but others may disagree.

 Chris,  Add one more to disagree with you.  I have crossed yagis on 2M and
430 that are used for both terrestrial and satellite.  I can switch between
polarities and sometimes it makes little difference, but on some passes,
the difference is quite pronounced.  When trying to dig out a really weak
signal, even a few dB is quite helpful.

 Jim - K6CCC
 Satellite inactive at the moment...