[amsat-bb] 4 omni antennas plots (nulls)

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Wed Mar 16 16:29:58 UTC 2016

> Comparing DCA, QFH, Lindenblad and turnstile (eggbeater) antennas :
> http://www.qsl.net/py4zbz/4ant.htm

All but the QFH show significant (10 dB) nulls all over the place.
I'm sorry, I cannot read the language, but does he say anything about these
nulls and the height of the antenna over ground?  And what kind of ground
was used in the model?  Perfect or real... or free-space

Since all of the antnnas are multi-element, those lobes could all simply
come from the multi elements more or less independent of the ground
reflection...

Bob, WB4aPR