[amsat-bb] AMSAT Field Day

Bruce kk5do at amsat.org
Tue Jun 28 13:48:26 UTC 2016

here is a link to UO-11 from the past. yes, the rules do allow for the
use of this type of satellite should one ever be launched again with
this type of capability. it is basically like sending and receiving an
email. you send a message up, satellite orbits and somewhere others
download the message. then they might send a message up and others
download that one. the point was for field day for you to send a message
up and get points. then when you download other peoples messages, you
get points. not to send yours and receive your own for double points.

http://www.pe0sat.vgnet.nl/satellite/amateur-radio-satellites/uo-11/

73...bruce

--

Bruce Paige, KK5DO

AMSAT Director Contests and Awards
AMSAT Board Alternate 2015-2016

ARRL Awards Field Checker (WAS, 5BWAS, VUCC), VE

Houston AMSAT Net - Wed 0100z on Echolink - Conference *AMSAT*
Also live streaming MP3 at http://www.amsatnet.com
Podcast at http://www.amsatnet.com/podcast.xml or iTunes

http://www.arrl.org

AMSAT on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/amsat