[amsat-bb] Radomes

Joe nss at mwt.net
Fri Jul 22 14:25:43 UTC 2016

I'm putting together a very basic and simple ground station.  I have a
Little Wheel 70cm for an antenna, and a NICE ARR 70 cm gasfet preamp.

Now I want to mast mount of course the pre amp right at the antenna. And
there are a lot of connections there. So was thinking of making some
sort of a Radome to cover it all.

And was thinking something as simple as a Ice Cream Bucket.

Are there any "Plastics" I should avoid? I do not want to have any
effect on the already weak RF. I want it to be as transparent as possible.

Thoughts?

Joe WB9SBD
--
Sig