[amsat-bb] 2016 AMSAT Symposium at Sea Update

Clayton Coleman kayakfishtx at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 14:08:55 UTC 2016

Get ready to set sail for the 2016 AMSAT Space Symposium and Annual
Meeting – at sea!  With only a few months between now and our sailing
date of November 10, cabins are starting to fill up quickly.  If you
have not made reservations, please consider doing so to ensure your
cabin preference may be accommodated.  While our AMSAT group
reservation has a negotiated rate for category 4B inside cabins, many
group members have opted to reserve ocean view and balcony cabins.

IMPORTANT NOTES:

-          Booking your Carnival Cruise does not register you for the
AMSAT Symposium.  There is a charge for each Symposium attendee of
$40.  This fee applies to those who will attend the technical
presentations only and includes a copy of the printed Proceedings.
Additional guests are entitled to attend all other events. The
registration form is available from the AMSAT office or store website.

-          The AMSAT 2016 Space Symposium Cruise flyer included in the
2016 Board of Directors ballot mailing lists an incorrect group
booking code.  The correct AMSAT group code is 8Z0RF5.

-          Ground transportation options have been added to the FAQ
page on the AMSAT Symposium web page.  Carnival offers round-trip
transportation from HOU airport to the cruise terminal at
approximately $74 per person, IAH airport $94 per person.

CONTACT INFORMATION AND LINKS:

-          Symposium registration:
http://store.amsat.org/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=130

-          Cruise registration: 1-800-438-6744 extension number 70005.
Our group name is AMSAT and the group code is 8Z0FR5. Outside of the
USA, the number to call is +1 305-599-2600 extension number 70005 (not
available on weekends.)

DATES AND LOCATION:

-          2016 AMSAT Space Symposium and General Meeting

November 10-14 aboard the Carnival Liberty departing from Galveston, Texas.

-          2016 AMSAT Board of Directors Meeting

November 9-10 at the DoubleTree Galveston Beach Hotel, Galveston, Texas.